Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Letter to daughter

April 20, 2010


Dear daughter,
I am really concerned on how much time you spend on Face Book. Instead of being on Face Book you should go out with your friends and hang out. The reason I am concerned about you being on Facebook is because I don’t know who you are talking to or meeting. There are a lot of dangerous people on the internet that pretend to be young and try to be your friends just to have sex with you and sometimes rape or kill you. I don’t want you to experience this so I am going to limit you to an hour on Facebook with supervision. Another reason I am limiting you on Face Book is because it keeps you from focusing on more important things like school.
I am trying to protect you from predators that are on the internet. I will allow you to have a MySpace, Facebook but I am going to have to check on your friends. I will only check your friends when I am concerned that there is something wrong. I do not want you to be posting scandalous pictures that can attract people. I also don’t want you to be posting or sending your address or any information about yourself to anyone. Remember I am not trying to invade your personal space but I just want you to be cautious. If anyone adds you on MySpace, Facebook, etc. that you don’t know make sure they are who they say there are. Stop talking to them if they try to make you feel uncomfortable and they promise you things if you go with them.
I want you to obey these rules and most importantly be cautious of what you do on the internet because the internet is not to be taken as a joke. I am only trying to protect you and also help you learn so that things like this don’t happen to you or any of the people you care about. Be safe and remember be cautious.






Sincerely,
Amy Cruz your mom

No comments:

Post a Comment