Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chilean Miners Rescue


In San Jose Mine, Chile on August 5, 2010, thirty-three Chilean miners were trapped in a mine with few amounts of food and water. They had no way to get out the mine due to their only opening being blocked by rocks and dirt. They had to wait and share their food and other things with each other for approximately two weeks. After being found they were given supplies and food by a small opening that was made by rescuers. The thirty-three men were trapped in the mine for sixty-nine days until yesterday, Wednesday October 14, 2010 they were rescued and taken to hospitals. Worried is how I would describe my feelings about this situation because nobody ever knows what could or is going to happen to these workers. I was worried not only for the workers but also for their families because they would suffer too if something occurred to their husband, wife, son, or any of their family members. If I was in the miner’s situation I would panic but also try to stay calm and find a way to help all my other co-workers so they could get out safe and go with their families. I would panic because many things could go wrong and sometimes miners aren’t found and are left abandoned, alive with no food or anything to keep us alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment