Monday, February 14, 2011

Graph Sherbet Blog Post 2011


I can relate to the "Grape Sherbet" poem because when I was younger my family would get together to celebrate El Dia de lod Muertos meaning The Day of the Dead. I don't have alot of family that has passed away but I do have alot of friends who have lost their lives. The phrases that helped me visualize the poem were "the diabetic grandmother stares from the porch" and " "We thought no one was lying there under our feet, we though it was a joke.” When I would go to a cementary to visit my friends it would suprise me because I couldn't believe that they were gone and were under me and I was standing over them. Imagery helps the reader visualize things that they are describing and helpes them understand what they are reading.

3 comments: