Thursday, February 3, 2011

“A Storm in the Mountains” One with Nature


Every time I go hiking I feel like I am one with nature. Everytime I go, I go with different people and go on different hikes. The one time that I really felt I was with nature was when I went on a hike with Desiree and Brian. We went on a hike behind the social workers offices and that is when I had an interesting experience. We were climbing over rocks, some small others big, and the sun was starting to go down. We were going up a mountain and all of a sudden it got quiet and we heard the loud howls of several coyotes. I paused quickly and felt very alert. Another thing that I experienced was holes on rocks that people say were made by natives. I felt proud because I am native and to see things like that and hear animals I feel like I am free. These experiences changed me because I now feel that nature is more important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment