Friday, August 13, 2010

Memorable Birthday

It was December 3, 1999 when I turned five years old and it was the best day of my life. I was so excited because I was going to start school soon and I was just growing up. It was hot and bright outside and the day was just perfect because I had my whole family with me on my birthday. I got a tres leches cake with strawberry on the top and I also got a lot of presents from family members and friends. On of the best presents I got that day was a kitten that I named Tyler that my mom gave me. He was so cute but he got ran over that day by a car. What made this birthday the best one was the fact that my whole family was together.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Amy -- Your birthday was sad and happy I guess. I love tres leches cake, too. I didn't have it until I was in my forties so I was deprived.

    Ms. Becknell

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not cool, but hey look at the bright side there is always next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe your kitten was hit by a car. Your narrative painted such a pretty picture in my head that I was shocked to read that the kitten died. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, that was funny to read, but I feel sorry for the cat. On the same day, but your family made it all better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny and cute. Im about for Tyler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you had a good birthday but i'm sorry about Tyler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAWWW!!! Thats so sad that the kitty got ran over, but tres leches cake is the best cake ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tyler, Rest in Peace. I am glad your family was all together on your birthday. I miss having my family with me on my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is sad poor poor Tyler, I bet you loved him. That is just so cute, and just to let you know I'm hyper right now :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Things happen...but hey atleast you had your family with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love tres leches cake too. But that's sad your kitten got ran over. And it's good that your familia got together for your B-day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Sounds like you had fun that day. I feel bad for the kitten that got ran over by the car. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Roomate your blog is very colorful and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete