Monday, September 13, 2010

9/11


The day of 9/11 I was five years old and I was at home, grounded standing on the corner. I remember that my mom had grounded me because I had clogged the toilet with paper on purpose. She started watching the news and I heard the news reporters talking about the twin towers. My mom and I were in shock when we were watching the video they were showing on TV. They started talking about people dying and my mom told me “See that’s why you have to be good because you never know what can happen to me tomorrow”. I started thinking about all the people who had lost their lives and how their families were going to suffer. I was young and didn’t understand much but my moms words did make me think.

3 comments:

  1. Clogging the toilet?!?! Traviesa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9/11 was crazy and the bad thing is that thats my BDay. I like your post you had a lot to say good job Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom did a good job of using the horrible event to teach you a lesson.

    ReplyDelete