Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"Two Kinds" Summary Poem

My name is “Jing-mei” and I have a “mother” who always tries to make me “prodigy”. She is a very “strong-willed” woman who was born in “China”. Two of her “daughters” “died” when they were “babies”. My mother wants me to go to college but I tell her I don’t even know the “capitals”. One day she took me to a “beauty college” to get a haircut so that I could look like “Shirley Temple” but I ended up looking like Peter Pan because it was done wrong. My mother believed that I could be anything I wanted to be if I “tried”. Since she cleaned houses she always found “magazines” and made me try new things that I had never done before. She made me take “piano lessons” that she “scheduled” with “Mr.Chong”. I had to “practice” a song called “Pleading Child” for a “talent show’ I was going to perform at. The day of the talent show I sat on the “bench” and started playing the song but I realized the “keys” I was pressing were the wrong ones. All the “notes” I played were wrong and I had made so many “mistakes” I couldn’t even keep track. I started “shaking” and when it was over the “audience didn’t even “clap”. I could see “disappointment” in my mothers face but she wasn’t shedding “tears”. After my mother passed away I “realized” I was a “rebel” and my mother only wanted what was best for me. I was very “sentimental” and a bit of “misery” because I felt I had “betrayed” her and she only wanted what was best for me. Many “memories” came back to me of how she thought I could be a “genius” at everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment