Wednesday, April 6, 2011

“Switch” Play Audience Member Experience

Today, I went to a play called "Switch" with some sophomores and juniors. The play was about foster kids, how the system works, and all the struggles that kids are faced with. I was very suprised by the way the characters changed persona and how they stuck to the character they were playing. I think it was an amazing play and I recommend people to go see it because the experience was extrordinary and very eye opening. I was very touched in some of the parts and some made me cry because many kids are going through many things like getting taken away and it very emotional seeing it get played out. An example from the play that made me cry was when the kid was getting taken away from his mother and he was crying and screaming. Many people don't know what foster care is or what foster kids are and this play was so good that it basically explained it just by acting it out. I am very glad that I was able to experience this and I hope that I can go to more plays like this one and one day write a play about my experince as a foster kid and have it acted out.

7 comments:

  1. Good job Amy Even though I didn't go to the play I still heard it was heart breaking but keep up the good work and maybe you might have your own play one day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed myself. I wanted to cry on some parts because everything they were saying was what I went through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy,
    Great job on your paraghraph! I agree this experiance was great and I am very glad we were allowed to attened it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your right I think this was the best play i have ever seen. The actors did a extreamly good job!!! I cryed also on the part where the kid was taken away from his mom. Good job bestiie.")

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats sad, the post is great but the part where the kid got taken from his mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post room mate!! i really like the picture you picked out for this post!:)

    ReplyDelete